Coach Deb Elbaum, MD, PCC
I work with motivated and purposeful leaders at all levels. Combining relevant neuroscience, leadership models, somatic coaching, and tactical strategies, I help my clients shift the thoughts and behaviors that no longer serve them. Together, we create step-wise, actionable road maps for their lives, so they are less reactive, more intentional, and can harness their brain to do its best thinking and communicating.
My purpose has always been supporting and empowering others, and I’ve been fortunate to do this in various ways throughout my career: early on, as a physician, and later, as the founder of healthcare writing business.
I started my coaching practice in 2013 and am a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC) as well as a Certified NeuroTransformational Coach (CNTC). In 2020, I launched my podcast In the Right Direction. Each 10-minute episode has clear, actionable coaching ideas and strategies.
Although I work with all leaders, my specialty is helping advance women leaders through coaching, speaking, and facilitating. I am a Guide for Chief.com and a Coach for Athena Alliance, two organizations that support women’s networking, leadership and advancement.
You Can Count on Me
- Growth + Experimentation Mindset — Growth depends on continued learning and trying “experiments” to gather data and choose our next steps.
- Active Listening and Connecting — As your coach, I’ll listen deeply to your words as well as the energy behind your words to understand how you think and feel.
- Holding the Big Picture + the Details — We focus on the big picture of you — like who you are and what you really want — as well as the steps and action plan to help you move forward.
- Responsiveness — I am “on retainer” by email the entire time we work together. When you email me with successes or questions, I’ll respond within 48 hours.
Outside of Coaching
My Background and Credentials
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC), International Coach Federation
- Certified NeuroTransformational Coach (CNTC), BeAbove Leadership
- Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC), Coaches Training Institute
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania
- A.B., Harvard University, Psychology
Leadership Training and Certifications
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace Certificate, USF
- Leadership Circle Profile Assessment
- Purposeful Leadership Assessment
- Advancing Women Leaders Assessment
- Co-Active Leadership Model Training
- Positive Intelligence Coach Training
- iEQ9 Integrative Enneagram Assessment
Coaching focus areas
- Leadership Development
- Building Presence and Confidence
- Advancing Women Leaders
- Navigating Transitions and On-Boarding
- Resilience and Well-being
- Inclusive Leadership
- Visioning and Strategic Thinking
- Increasing EQ and Self-Awareness
Clients & Partners
I am honored to have worked with leaders from the following organizations.