How I Got Here
My professional purpose is helping others, and I've been fortunate to do this in various ways throughout my life. In my earliest career as a doctor, I reassured and treated those who were scared and sick. Later, as the founder of a healthcare writing business, I educated and provided actionable information. My specialty was translating complex scientific information into lay language to give people what they needed to know to make their best decisions.
Over time, I missed my purpose of directly working with people to encourage, empower, and equip them to feel happier, more productive, and more in control of their lives. When I discovered coaching, I knew this was what I was meant to do. I became certified as a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC) through Coaches Training Institute in 2014. In 2017, I became a Certified NeuroTransformational Coach (CNTC) through BeAbove Leadership.
I am incredibly grateful for the work I do and for my clients, who are, quite simply, awesome. I work with intelligent, impactful, and purposeful women and men who are excited to dive into their personal and professional growth. As a coach, I combine neuroscience, leadership models, somatic coaching, and tactical strategies to help my clients shift the thoughts and behaviors that no longer serve them, their leadership, or their organization. Together, we create step-wise, actionable new maps for their lives at work and home, so they harness their brain to do its best thinking, and lead calmly, clearly, and confidently.
What's Important to Me
Knowing our values and making decisions in alignment with our values empowers us. Here are the values of mine I bring to coaching:
- Continual learning -- Our growth depends on our continued learning. I am always broadening my knowledge base, so that I can share new ideas, tools, and strategies with you.
- Listening and connecting -- When I coach, my attention is 100% on you. I am listening to your words and to the energy behind the words.
- Big Picture + Tactical Approach -- Stepping into our leadership identity means focusing on both the big picture -- like who you are, what your strengths are, and what makes you feel purposeful --as well as the tactical baby steps with accountability that will help you move forward.
- Following Through -- I do what I say I'll do. I am on "retainer" by email the entire time we work together. If you email me with a success or frustration, I'll email you back within 24 hours.
Some Organizations I've Worked With:
My Background and Credentials
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC), International Coach Federation
- Certified NeuroTransformational Coach (CNTC), BeAbove Leadership
- Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC), Coaches Training Institute
- Coaching Faculty, Linkage, Global Institute for Leadership Development
- Faculty and Presenter, Linkage, Women in Leadership Institute
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania
- A.B., Harvard University, Psychology
Leadership training and 360 Assessment Certifications include the following:
Outside of Coaching
My husband, children, and I live outside of Boston, MA, and I travel to the beach every chance I get. I'm on the board of a nonprofit company dedicated to improving health care in rural locations. I'm trained in Reiki and Eden Energy Medicine, and am always on the lookout for new learning and growth opportunities.
Or contact me to learn more.